Sunday, January 17, 2010

40 Years Old and Going Back To School!


Well, I have been thinking of going back to school for a long time now, and watching my husband work on his degree for the past couple years and decided it's my turn to do something for myself. So, I am now enrolled in school and will begin my first class the first week of February.

Yes, its a little scary to think about since its only been about 22yrs since I was in high school but it is necessary for me to be competitive in todays job market. I have been online looking up grants and scholarships for women, GA residents and undergraduates and have applied for a few but haven't got much money yet.

SO, I am also doing student loans and hoping to push through both my Associates and Bachelor degrees over the next couple years. If you have recently returned to school and have any advice for me on how to manage my time, where to go and apply for student loans, grants and scholarships, I would greatly appreciate your help.

My daughter Taylor has been a big inspiration for me as well to get back to school, she does so good in school and she just loves learning and doing things. I want to show her that mommy can go back to school and do it as well, also I want her to know that it doesn't matter what age you are, that you can always still follow through with your goals.

I am open to any advice you may have for me, so please feel free to comment..thanks again and I plan on getting back to my blogging for 2010..