Monday, April 20, 2009

Struggling economy means struggling families !


Are you like so many other people out there struggling just to get by each month, living paycheck to paycheck? So, many people in my own family have been affected by the down turn in the real estate industry and are just getting by, where as before they lived pretty good life styles.


My sister and her husband owned a flooring company and had just recently expanded right before the real estate industry turned south, and this past year they ended up having to close their business and now are both unemployed and like myself there are no unemployment benefits for people who are self-employed so when we are out of work we are just out of luck.


My cousin in Florida is a builder and out of work, my husband and myself own a home inspection and appraisal business and we lost 90% of our business causing my husband to have to take a full time job else where after owning and running our own business for 10yrs now. I am stressed out most of the time due to the finances and my husband is working all the time making less money than we made running our own company and the bills are falling behind. I have been cutting back anywhere and everywhere I can to try and save us some money.


I also, have family members in commercial real estate that have been affected, not to the extreme as people on the residential end of the real estate game but it just goes on and on.

I see people who had great lives, great homes, all losing it do to loss of jobs or having chose the wrong type of mortgage loan, with skyrocketing mortgage payments..It really is sad to see what has happened to our country and all over the world really in such a short time span of 2 years now I guess its been. It seemed like June 2007 is when things really began to change and it just went down hill from there and I just wonder when things will really turn back around.


In 2007 they said by mid 2008 we would be okay again, and as that didn't happen they changed it to end of 2008 and then it just went on and on with predictions of when the housing market would turn around and guess what? they were all wrong it still hasn't changed. So, I just pray that things will get better and I am blessed to still have my home and not be behind on my mortgage, we both have vehicles 1 paid for and the other will be paid off within 5 months, so I guess I am one of the luckier ones. Even though we struggle, stress and complain about our situation, we know there are other people out there in far worse situations than us and so I thank god that my husband has a job, that we can pay our bills, maybe not always on time but we still get them paid and I hope everyone else out there going through tough times can just hold on and keep pushing forward, it has to get better, it has to!!